Minnesota Wills Attorney

Who needs a will?
Everyone. If you want to have any control over your assets when you are gone, you must have a will. If you have minor children or handicapped dependents and you want to make sure they are cared for, you need a will. Proper planning can prevent hassles at the time of a tragedy.

The lawyers at Anderson & Skubitz can draft a complete will for you; giving you the peace of mind that your loved ones will be taken care of should something happen to you. If you are a single parent a will can help express your wishes and ensure your family is part of your children’s life should something happen to you.

What is a Power of Attorney?
The point of a Power of Attorney is that a person is able to act on your behalf prior to death but while incapacitated.

What is a Health Care Directive (Living Will)?
A health care directive is a written document that informs others of your health care wishes. It allows you to name a person (to make decisions for you if you are unable to do so. Under Minnesota law, anyone 18 or older can make a health care directive.

What is a guardian?
A guardian is the person that you may assign to care for your children should something happen to you. If you have minor children or handicapped children, it is important that you decide who you would like care for them should something happen to you. It is important that you discuss this responsibility with the person or persons who you wish to designate as guardian for your dependants.

Contact a Southeastern Minnesota Wills Attorney Today
If you have questions about a will or a living will, contact Anderson & Skubitz today for a consultation to discuss your options. Several of our clients are in need of a new will because of a divorce, adoption or birth of a child. If you have children or want to control the distribution of your assets after you are gone, you need a will. Call us today at 507-665-3349.

Attorney Contacts

Comments are closed.